News and events
MakerOpen Hardwareopen researchpublications
Covid-19 response from global makers: the Careables cases of global design and local production
Open Source Hardware and Healthcare Collaborative Platforms: Common Legal Challenges
Stampa 3D in sanità: Sfide e opportunità ai tempi del covid-19
Hardware open source in Sanità: se il paziente si fa innovatore
"Sharing is caring": What are the main legal and ethical challenges to be looked at when co-designing DIY assistive technologies?
CAREABLES: Co-designing Open Healthcare
This resource is intended to share Careables findings to a large public and grow the knowledge about digital fabrication in healthcare. Below the complete list.
1. Kieslinger, B., Schaefer, T., Fabian, C.M., Biasin, E., Bassi, E., Ruiz Freire, R., Mowoh, N., Arif, N., Melis, P. (2021). Covid-19 response from global makers: the Careables cases of global design and local production. Frontiers in Sociology. Forthcoming.
2. Biasin, E., Kamenjasevic, E. (2020). Open Source Hardware and Healthcare Collaborative Platforms: Common Legal Challenges. Journal of Open Hardware, 4(1), 1-8. https://openhardware.metajnl.com/articles/10.5334/joh.31/
Scientific outreach publications:
1. Biasin, E. (2020). Stampa 3D in sanità: Sfide e opportunità ai tempi del covid-19. Agenda Digitale. available at https://www.agendadigitale.eu/sanita/stampa-3d-in-sanita-sfide-e-opportunita-ai-tempi-del-covid-19/;
2. Biasin, E., 2020. Hardware open source in Sanità: se il paziente si fa innovatore, Agenda Digitale. available at https://www.agendadigitale.eu/sanita/hardware-open-source-in-sanita-se-il-paziente-si-fa-innovatore/.
1. Biasin, E., Kamenjasevic, E. (2019). ‘Sharing is caring’: What are the main legal and ethical challenges to be looked at when co-designing DIY assistive technologies? The 15th International Conference of the Association for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe (AAATE) - Global Challenges in Assistive Technology: Research, Policy & Practice, Date: 2019/08/27 - 2019/08/30, Location: Bologna, Italy. https://content.iospress.com/articles/technology-and-disability/tad190001
2. Wildevuur, S., Bassi, E., Kieslinger, B. (2018) CAREABLES: Co-designing Open Healthcare. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Design4Health, Sheffield, UK, 4th – 6th September 2018. https://research.shu.ac.uk/design4health/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/D4H2018-Proceedings-Vol2.pdf
The publications (English/Italian) are freely available at the links above. Read and use the publications for teaching, researches or any other activities, cite the publications and the authors and increase their dissemination.
Browse through the most frequent issues and questions.